Submersible dual-band FM transceiver
The VX-6E is an ultra-rugged 144-430 MHz FM Hand-Held featuring wide receiver coverage, JIS7 submersibility, the Yaesu-exclusive Emergency Automatic Identification (EAI) system, and ultra-simple keyboard access to important features.
New on the VX-6E is the One-Touch Direct Memory Recall feature, that allows you to recall ten favorite memories with a single button press, just like on your car stereo.
The VX-6E comes equipped with three powerful emergency features:
EAI Feature: Ideal for Outdoor Operation!: The EAI feature lets you and your support team configure your radios so that, in the event of a climbing or hiking accident that leaves one of you incapacitated, someone else can command your VX-6R/E to transmit without you pressing the PTT, allowing the others to use your signal to perform direction finding and effect a rescue.
Emergency Feature: An \\\"Emergency\\\" function is also provided that will transmit your Callsign on the UHF Home Channel, while simultaneously flashing the CW ID in bright white light on the transceiver\\\'s LED and beeping the CW ID loudly from the speaker.
Ultra-Bright Emergency Flashing LED: In an emergency, the transceiver?s LED may be engaged continuously in its \\\"Bright White\\\" mode, instead of the usual red or green color, and may be used as a signal lamp or flashlight.
The VX-6R/E is rated to JIS7 specifications for submersion (up to 30 minutes at a depth of up to three feet), and because the microphone jack is sealed against water ingress, you can even use the CMP460 Speaker-Microphone while maintaining the submersibility of the VX-6R/E!
144/430 MHz: 5 Watts of Power
The supplied FNB-80LI (7.4 V/1400 mAh) provides up to 5 Watts of power output on both the 144 and 430 MHz bands. This high battery capacity provides a typical operating time of 7 hours, depending on operating conditions.
Wide-band Receiver Coverage
In addition to full operation on the 144 and 430 MHz Amateur bands, the VX-6R/E provides a wide range of monitoring excitement, thanks to its receiver\\\'s incredible frequency coverage of 504 kHz to 998.99 MHz. We recommend the use of an external antenna for best performance on particular bands of interest, such as Shortwave.
The Most Memories Ever
Each of the 900 available memory channels may be assigned an alpha-numeric \\\"Tag\\\" (label), for quick identification of the channel. The 24 memory banks may store up to 100 channels each, and a channel may be assigned into multiple banks, if desired. And you can assign an identification tag to each memory bank.
Weather Sensor Capability
The optional SU-1 Barometric Pressure Sensor unit permits monitoring of sudden weather changes by monitoring atmospheric pressure. Although not designed for precise pressure measurements, it can be a valuable tool for alerting you to possibly dangerous changes in weather conditions.
Frequency Ranges RX
0.5 - 998.990MHz (Continuous)
- 144 - 146MHz
- 430 - 440 MHz
- Channel Steps 5/9/10/12.5/15/20/25/50/100kHz
- Frequency Stability Â±5ppm @ -10ÂºC to +50ÂºC
- Repeater Shift Â±600kHz (144MHz), Â±1.6/5.0/7.6MHz (430MHz)
- Emission Type F2D, F3E
- Antenna Impedance 50 ohms
- Supply Voltage Nominal 7.4VDC, Negative Ground
- Operating 5.0 - 16.0VDC, Negative Ground (EXT DC Jack)
- 11.0 - 16.0 VDC, Negative Ground (EXT DC Jack, Charging)
- Current Consumption 150mA (Receive)
- (approx @ 7.4VDC) 60mA (Standby, Saver Off)
- 30mA (Standby, Saver On)
- 900ÂµA (ON Timer Activated)
- 200ÂµA (Auto Power Off)
- 1.6A (5W Tx, 144MHz)
- 1.8A (5W Tx, 430MHz)
- Operating Temperature -20ÂºC to +60ÂºC
- Case Size (W x H x D, mm) 58 x 89 x 28.5, w/o knob, antenna & belt clip.
- Weight (approx, g) 270 with FNB-80LI & antenna
- RF Power Output 5.0W (High), 2.5W (Low 3), 1.0W (Low 2), 0.3W (Low 1)
- Modulation Type Variable Reactance F2D, F3E
- Maximum Deviation Â±5.0kHz (F2D, F3E)
- Spurious Emission At least 60dB down (@ High Power)
- Microphone Impedance 2k ohms
- Circuit Type AM, NFM: Double-Conversion Superheterodyne
- WFM: Triple-Conversion Superhet
Intermediate Frequencies (IF) 1st: 47.25MHz (FM, NFM)
1st: 45.8MHz (WFM)
2nd: 450kHz (AM, NFM)
2nd: 10.7MHz (NFM)
3rd: 1MHz (WFM)
Sensitivity 1.5ÂµV for 10dB SN (0.5 - 1.8MHz, AM)
- 1ÂµV for 10dB SN 1.8 - 30MHz, AM)
- 0.35ÂµV TYP for 12dB SINAD (30 - 54MHz, NFM)
- 0.5ÂµV TYP for 12dB SINAD (54 - 76MHz, NFM)
- 1ÂµV TYP for 12dB SINAD (76 - 108MHz, WFM)
- 1.5ÂµV TYP for 10dB SN (108 - 137MHz, AM)
- 0.2ÂµV for 12dB SINAD (137 - 140MHz, FM)
- 0.16ÂµV for 12dB SINAD (140 - 150MHz, FM)
- 0.2ÂµV for 12dB SINAD (150 - 174MHz, FM)
- 0.5ÂµV TYP for 12dB SINAD (174 - 250MHz, WFM)
- 0.5ÂµV for 12dB SINAD (300 - 350MHz, NFM)
- 0.2ÂµV for 12dB SINAD (350 - 420MHz, NFM)
- 0.18ÂµV for 12dB SINAD (420 - 470MHz, NFM)
- 1ÂµV for 12dB SINAD (470 - 540MHz, WFM)
- 1ÂµV TYP for 12dB SINAD (580 - 800MHz, WFM)
- 0.5ÂµV TYP for 12dB SINAD (800 - 999MHz, NFM)
Selectivity AM, NFM: 12kHz/35kHz (-6db/-60dB)
WFM: 200kHz/500kHz (-6dB/-20dB)
AF Output 200mW @ 8ohms for 10% THD (@ 7.4V)
400mW @ 8ohms for 10% THD (@ 13.8V)
Accessories for this Product
- Over 20,000 items in stock!
- Fast dispatch of stock items
- Trading for over 50 years
- Price pledge promise