VHF handheld transceiver
NEW VHF handheld transceiver
With the FT-4XE and FT-4VE Yaesu continues the successful series of compact mono and dualband handheld radios. The FT-4 offers a rich set of features in a compact and rugged enclosure.
The radios offer up to 5 W transmit power (switchable to 2.5 and 0.5 W), a loudspeaker with 36mm diameter presents the 1 W audio power in a clear and easy to understand way. The supplied LiIon battery offers 1750 mAh capacity, enough for operation of up to 15 hours . The supplied charger gets the radio back to full power in only 3.5 hours.
The difference between the two radios Yaesu FT-4XE and FT-4VE are the operating bands: The FT-4XE is a dualband radio for 2m (VHF) and 70cm (UHF), the FT-4VE is a monoband radio for operation on 2m (VHF) only.
The rich feature set conforms to highest industry standards:
- 200 memories,
- 10 programmable band scan edges,
- independent Tx/Rx frequencies in a memory,
- numerous scan options,
- VOX operation (with optional headset),
- two freely configurable buttons on the radio,
The operating frequency can be set in steps of 5 t o100 kHz in VFO mode, CTCSS and DCS filter setting allow undisturbed use and targeted calls of individuals and entire groups. A WFM radio is also provided. With the optional programming cable all settings and memories can be controlled from a computer. The functions for cloning a radio are also provided.
Note: The antenna connection on the radio is a recessed SMA connector, i. e. female thread and male inner conductor. Accordingly the antenna has an external thread and a female inner conductor.
This means that only certain antennas from other manufacturers, e. g. Diamond antennas with a \"J\" in the product designation such as the SRJ-77CA, can be used.
- Size 52 x 90 x 30 mm (WxHxD)
- Weight 250 g with antenna and battery
- 1 W Audio Power
- 0.5/2.5/5 W HF Transmit power
- Up to 15 hours of operation 
- Charging time only 3.5 hours with supplied rapid charger SBH-22
- Two freely configurable buttons on the radio
- 200 Memories
- Many scan possibilities: VFO, memory, band edge, memory bank, dual receive
- Adjustable step width: 5/10/12.5/15/20/25/50/100 kHz
- Split memory (Rx/Tx Frequency dependently settable)
- VOX operation with option SSM-512B
- PC programming with option SCU-35
- WFM receiver
- DTMF Operation
- CTCSS, DCS Filter
Included in shipment
- FT-4VE or FT-4XE handheld radio
- SMA Antenna SRA-15
- LiIon Battery SBR-28LI 7.4V, 1750 mAh
- Wall charger SAD-20C
- Rapid Charger SBH-22
- Belt Clip SHB-18
- Operating Manual
Accessories for this Product
- Over 20,000 items in stock!
- Fast dispatch of stock items
- Trading for over 50 years
- Price pledge promise