25-1300MHz Wideband Handheld Scanning Receiver
The WS1040 scans most common trunked radio system signaling formats, including Motorola, EDACS, LTR and P25 trunked radio networks. Talkgroup and individual call monitoring is supported.
When monitoring P25 digital systems, the exclusive Automatic Adaptive Digital Tracking instantly adapts the digital decoder to the digital modulation format of the transmitted signal, then analyses the signal over 50 times each second and adapts to any subtle changes caused by multipath or fading.
No cumbersome manual adjustments are required. CTCSS and DCS subaudible squelch coding is processed by the same powerful DSP chip that is used for P25 digital decoding. It provides fast and reliable decoding of sub audible squelch signalling with squelch tail elimination.
The WS1040 stores up to 1,800 frequencies and lets you search for nearby frequency transmissions and automatically jump to a found transmission. Plus, it lets you hear storm reports and more before they are broadcast on TV or radio.
- Alert LED - Programmable multi-color LED can be configured to illuminate or flash when certain objects are active. Eight user-defined colors can be specified from thousands of possible combinations.
- Audible Alarms - Programmable audible alarms can be configured to sound when certain Scannable Objects are active. Can be used in conjunction with, or separately from, the Alert LED described above.
- Automatic Adaptive Digital Tracking - When monitoring P25 digital systems, instantly adapts the digital decoder to the digital modulation format of the transmitted signal, then analyzes the signal over 50 times each second and adapts to any subtle changes caused by multipath or fading. No cumbersome manual adjustments are required.
- Backlit Liquid Crystal Display - Easy to read and program data even in low light situations.
- Data Cloning - Allows transfer of the programmed data to another WS1010 scanner.
- Digital AGC - Instantly compensates for low user audio levels that are common on digital systems.
- Flexible Antenna with BNC Connector - Provides reception of strong local signals. Also connect an external antenna for improved reception of distant or weak signals.
- Free-Form Memory Organization - Allocation of memory dynamically and efficiently as it is needed. This differs from low cost and older scanners that had memory organized in rigid and wasteful memory banks.
- High Speed PC Interface - Use a USB Scanner programming cable for full duplex mode at 6 times the speed of previous scanner models for PC transfer and 8 times the speed of previous models for radio to radio cloning. High speed special USB to scanner programming cable included. Clones with another WS1040 handheld or with another WS1065 desktop/mobile scanner.
- Key Lock - Lock the scanner’s keys to help prevent accidentally changing the scanner’s programming.
- Lock-out Function - Skip over specified channels or frequencies when scanning or searching.
- LTR Home Repeater AutoMove - Takes the guesswork out of programming LTR trunking systems when the home repeater order is not known. Enter the LTR system frequencies in any order, and the WS-1040 will automatically move the frequencies to the proper home repeater slots as transmissions are received on the system.
- Memory Backup - Frequencies remain stored in memory for an extended time even without batteries.
- Menu Driven Programming with Context Sensitive Help - Each menu item provides a few lines of help text that provide assistance with programming and using the scanner.
- Multi-System Trunking - Scans most common trunked radio system signaling formats, including Motorola, EDACS, LTR and P25 trunked radio networks. Both talkgroup and individual call monitoring are supported.
- Object Oriented User Interface - Exclusive to Whistler, features common data entry, browsing and control methods are used for every scannable object. All are programmed and stored in the same way.
- P25 NAC Functionality - P25 Network Access Code (NAC) is used to provide selective squelch operation on conventional digital channels. Your WS1040 will detect the NAC that is being used on a P25 conventional digital channel, and allow you to program NAC codes to block transmissions that do not have a matching NAC, including analog traffic on the same frequency.
PC programmable - allows users to backup data, update database and program scanner directly from a PC. (BuTel ARC500 software required)
- Priority Channel - set the scanner to check one channel every two seconds while scanning.
- Real-time Signal Strength Indicator - Shows relative strength of received signals.
- SAME and All Hazards Weather Alerting - Displays the weather event and sounds an alert for a specific county or counties of your choice.(USA ONLY)
- Scan Delay - Delays scanning for two seconds before moving to another channel in order to hear replies.
- Scan List - Functionality allows you to arrange, group and scan objects according to your preference.
- Skywarn Storm Spotter Functionality - Provides instant access to frequencies used by storm spotter networks. Monitor storm conditions as they occur, and become aware of dangerous conditions before the media or emergency management officials are able to announce them to the general public.(USA ONLY)
- Spectrum Sweeper - Quickly sweeps the scanner’s frequency ranges for transmissions from nearby sources. Lock out found frequencies and continue searching in the same band.
- Subaudible Squelch Decoder - CTCSS and DCS subaudible squelch coding is processed by the same powerful DSP chip that is used for P25 digital decoding. Provides fast and reliable decoding of subaudible squelch signaling with squelch tail elimination.
- Three Power Options - Power the scanner using batteries (rechargeable or non-rechargeable), external AC power (using supplied AC adapter), or DC power (using a DC adapter, not supplied).
- Tune - Find new and unlisted frequencies starting from a specified frequency.
- V-Scanner Technology - Allows you to save complete radio configurations within the radio, for recall into main memory as needed in the field. Twenty one V-Scanner Folders are provided, each capable of storing over 1,800 objects. Total memory capacity of main memory combined with V-Scanners is over 37,800 objects.
- Unit Dimensions 5.71 in. H x 2.56 in.W x 1.65 in. L
- Unit Weight .53 lbs.
IN THE BOX
- Hand-held Scanner
- PC/IF Cable, AC Adapter
- Flex Antenna
- Black Battery Shell
- Yellow Rechargeable Battery Shell
- User Guide
- Quick Start Guide
- 25- 30 Amateur Band 10 Meters
- 30- 50 VHF Low Band
- 50- 54 Ham Band 6 Meters
- 108-137 Aircraft Band
- 137-144 Federal Government
- 144-148 Amateur Band 2 Meters
- 148-174 VHF High Band
- 216-405 UHF Mil Air Band
- 406-420 Federal Government
- 420-450 Amateur Band 70 Cm
- 450-470 UHF Band
- 470-512 UHF "T" Band
- 764-824 800 MHz Band
- 849-869 800 MHz Band
- 896-960 800 MHz Band
- 1240-1300 Amateur Band
Accessories for this Product
- Over 20,000 items in stock!
- Fast dispatch of stock items
- Trading for over 50 years
- Price pledge promise