Active Loop Antenna for LW/MW/SW Bands
TECSUN AN-48x is an active loop antenna for enhancing shortwave (SW), medium wave (MW/AM) and longwave (LW) reception.
The AN-48x is supplied with adapters to connect the antenna to BNC and RCA sockets. This greatly simplifies hooking up the antenna to TECSUN receivers like S-2000 and S-8800, while it is just as easy to use with H-501, PL-990, PL-880 and the rest of the "PL"-family.
AN-48x also works with portable radios that do not have an external antenna jack!
- Effective Frequency Range
- Longwave: 120 ~ 400 kHz
- Medium Wave (AM): 520 ~ 1700 kHz
- Shortwave: 3500 ~ 20,000 kHz
Here is how you set it up:-
1) After connecting the antenna to the radio, tune the radio to the station you want to listen to.
2) Switch the antenna amplifier to the corresponding frequency band and turn on the control box.
3) The frequency and signal level controls can now be adjusted to enhance the signal.
Connect the AN-48x to the external SW antenna socket of your radio, if available. If not available, use the supplied Black and Red connectors to connect the antenna with the telescopic antenna of your radio and a self-made ground wire.
Medium Wave (AM) & Long wave Operation
Connect the AN-48x to the external MW/LW antenna jack of your radio, if available. If not available, connect the control box to the included ferrite coupler and place it near the built-in MW antenna of your radio. For pocket sized radios, use the included base station to keep the ferrite coupler near the MW antenna more conveniently.
2 x AAA battery (not included)
- Packed in English gift box
- English user manual
- Amplifier with antenna wire
- Control box
- TRS male - TRS male cable
- TRS female - BNC male cable
- TRS female - RCA male cable
- TRS female - Black/Red alligator clips
- Ferrite coupler
- Base station to support pocket radios
- Suction cup
- Hanging clip
- Loop extension rod
- Over 20,000 items in stock!
- Fast dispatch of stock items
- Trading for over 50 years
- Price pledge promise