Heavy duty Azimuth/Elevation rotator
The BIG RAS is as good as it gets for EME rotator systems. Built especially for large EME arrays or where high wind is a constant problem.
The BIG RAS shows good reliability and simple setup and is easily interfaced to your PC for automatic moon tracking.
Recommended for Innov Antennas LFA and OWL arrays up to 20 el x 4 or 14 el x 6.
- Tube slide for mounting: 45-65mm
- Max dia pipes for the pupil ring: 52mm
- Resolution: 0.5 degrees (rotary controller can be a degree)
- Weight: 22kg
- Double worm gear
- Power supply: 12-24VDC
- Number of conductors in the rotor cable: requires a minimum of 8 core, if long lengths so it is better with more conductors connected in parallel.
- Drag Torque: at 12V-24V = 583-903Nm!
Rotor and Control Box works well with such programs as ham radio deluxe. Please note, we supply the USB version as standard, not the RS232 version. The USB version is normally at extra cost!
The BIG RAS 'in shack' ROT2 Elevation and Azimuth controller
Rotator Cable - requires 8 cores see accessories section for details.
All SPID rotators require an external power supply.
Typically they are run from the station 13.8v supply. For the larger rotators with sizable antennas, upto 8 amp would be required. In many cases a separate PSU from the rig is recommended, and start surge should be factored in.
Accessories for this Product
- Over 20,000 items in stock!
- Fast dispatch of stock items
- Trading for over 50 years
- Price pledge promise