Very heavy duty Azimuth rotator/controller
SPID Big RAK
Medium to heavy duty antenna positioner in the same class as the M2 Orion 2800, HyGain TailTwister and Yaesu G-2800 but with advanced digital features and at an outstanding price.
Mechanical complexity is reduced to a minimum by utilizing a simple double worm gear drive system. Position readout is sensed by a magnetic reed switch. The controller has a full complement of features including digital readout.
Rotating torque is in the 2,800 to over 4850 lb-inch range, with between 12 and 24 volts to the motor. The 24 volt measured torque is 3,240 lb-inches (366 Newton meters). This is significantly more than any other rotator in the same price range, and even higher than other rotators costing nearly twice as much (e.g., Yaesu G-2800 or Orion 2800).
- Low voltage - high torque DC gear head motor
- Rotating torque/speed: 1,400 lb-in at 12v (120 sec) to 3240 lb-in at 24v (60 sec)
- Quiet and powerful self-braking action with double worm drive reduction
- Real steel housing and final worm drive - no soft pot metal or cast
- Uses inexpensive 4 conductor cable
- Sealed reed switch sensor technology for reliable all weather readout
- 1 degree positioning accuracy - tight tolerances for minimal play
- Rated for large loads even when mounted outside the tower
- Designed for simple mounting to ~2" pipe mast - both ends
- Adaptors available to mate with other common rotator bolt patterns
- Coax can pass through centre of rotator - prevents cable damage
- Manual, Automatic, Scanning, and Programmable modes
- Digital readout with 1 degree resolution
- Large easy to read soft green LED display
- Computer interface via included serial cable, including Hygain, Yaesu and Orion emulation modes
- Low voltage DC operation from any 12 volt source (typically 2-5 amps)
- Ideal for camping, DXpeditions, VHF/UHF rovering
- Can be zeroed at any position to allow for installation inaccuracy or antenna mount slippage
- Generous overtravel (+/-180) with electronic limit
- Programmable limits ideal for side mount applications
- Small front panel to simplify stacking several units takes up less valuable space
- Optional mouse control with 6 user programmable presets
The BIG RAK 'in shack' controller
Rotator Cable - requires 4 cores, although we offer 7 and 8 core allows for additional control/switches, pre-amps, etc.
All SPID rotators require an external power supply.
Typically they are run from the station 13.8v supply. For the larger rotators with sizable antennas, upto 8 amp would be required. In many cases a separate PSU from the rig is recommended, and start surge should be factored in.
Accessories for this Product
- Over 20,000 items in stock!
- Fast dispatch of stock items
- Trading for over 50 years
- Price pledge promise