1kHz-2GHz Dual 14-bit SDR Receiver
SDR Play RSPduo
The SDRplay RSPduo is a dual-tuner wideband full featured 14-bit SDR which covers the entire RF spectrum from 1kHz to 2GHz giving 10MHz of spectrum visibility.
Combined with the power of SDRuno software for Windows, you can simultaneously monitor two completely separate 2MHz bands of spectrum anywhere between 1kHz and 2GHz. STOP PRESS SDRuno now supportsDiversity Tuning for the RSPduo
The RSPduo provides three software selectable antenna inputs, and clocking features ideally suited to industrial, scientific and educational applications. All it needs is a PC and an antenna to provide excellent communications receiver functionality. A documented API allows developers to create new demodulators or applications around the platform.
Key Benefits :
- Simultaneously receive on two totally independent 2MHz spectrum windows anywhere between 1kHz and 2GHz
- Simultaneous processing from 2 antennas enables direction-finding, diversity and noise reduction applications
- Ideal for cross band full-duplex reception, e.g. HF + VHF or VHF + UHF
- Simultaneous Dump1090 and VHF ATC reception
- Simultaneous monitoring and recording of 2 ISM bands
- Covers all frequencies from 1kHz through VLF, LF, MW, HF, VHF, UHF and L-band to 2GHz, with no gaps
- Receive, monitor and record up to 10MHz of spectrum at a time (single tuner mode)
- External clock input and output for synchronisation purposes, or connection to GPS reference clock
- Excellent dynamic range for challenging reception conditions
- Works with popular EXTIO-based SDR software (available mid 2018)
- Software upgradeable for future standards
- Strong and growing software support network
- API provided to allow demodulator or application development
- Calibrated S meter/ RF power and SNR measurement with SDRuno (including datalogging to .CSV file capability)
- Ideal for portable monitoring of ISM/ IoT/ Telemetry bands <2GHz
- World-class technical support via www.sdrplay.com
Key Features :
- Dual tuner provides independent coverage from 1kHz to 2GHz using 2 antenna ports simultaneously
- 14-bit ADC silicon technology (not another 8 bit dongle!)
- Up to 10MHz visible bandwidth (single tuner mode) or 2 slices of 2MHz spectrum (dual tuner mode)
- 3 software-selectable antenna ports ( 2 x 50? and 1 x 1k? high impedance balanced/unbalanced input)
- High impedance antenna port (1kHz to 30MHz) with selectable MW notch filter and choice of 2 pre-selection filters
- Software selectable AM/FM and DAB broadcast band notch filters for the 2 SMA antenna (1kHz to 2GHz) antenna ports
- External clock input and output enables easy synchronisation to multiple RSPs or external reference clock
- Powers over the USB cable with a simple type B socket *NOT supplied
- 11 high-selectivity, built in front-end preselection filters on both the 2 SMA antenna ports
- Software selectable multi-level Low Noise Preamplifier
- Bias -T power supply for powering antenna-mounted LNA
- Enclosed in a rugged black painted steel case.
- SDRuno?World Class SDR software for Windows
- Documented API for new apps development
- PLEASE NOTE : OPTIONAL POWER LEAD (USB A/B) AVAILABLE BELOW
Architecturally the RSPduo is different from any previous RSP in that it features dual independent tuners, both piped through a single USB 2.0 interface.
Superficially the RSPduo looks virtually identical to the RSP2pro and will be able to operate in a very similar way, but it also allows a completely new and unique set of usage scenarios.
The principle difference is that the RSPduo contains two tuners as opposed to the RSP2 which has a single tuner and switched antenna ports.
The MSi2500 contains dual ADCs. This allows the sampling of I/Q analogue baseband signals when the tuner is used in Zero IF mode. However, the tuner can also operate in a Low IF mode, where a single ADC is used to sample the output from the tuner.
This opens up the possibility of having two independent tuners operating simultaneously, but this is ONLY POSSIBLE IF BOTH TUNERS ARE OPERATING IN LOW IF MODE. In Low IF mode, the maximum flat pass-band bandwidth of the IF filters in the tuner is 1.536 MHz, whereas in ZIF mode, it is possible to widen these filters to 8 MHz.
This is the approach used in the RSPduo. The receiver can either operate each tuner individually (one at a time) in zero IF mode with a displayed bandwidth up to 10 MHz or both tuners simultaneously with a maximum displayed bandwidth of 2 MHz.
Tuner 1 contains both a 50? port and a Hi-Z port. Unlike the RSP2, the 50? ports on both tuners now operate down to 1 kHz and deliver significantly improved dynamic range when compared to the RSP2.
In addition, like the RSP1A, there is a 0-2 MHz low pass filter on both 50ohm ports, which helps reduce the number of spurious mixing products that appear at LF and MW. Unlike the RSP2, the Hi-Z port on the RSPduo now incorporates both a MW notch filter and a 0-2 MHz low pass filter, which should help reduce overload from strong MW AM signals and spurious mixing products from HF.
The Hi-Z port should deliver the best performance for LF, MW operation and ought to be far superior to that on the RSP2. The 50ohm ports on Tuner 1 and 2 deliver very good performance from LF to 2 GHz, but deliver the best performance for HF and above due to the extra preselection filters which are not available on the Hi-Z port above 2 MHz.
The 50ohm ports on Tuners 1 and 2 should deliver similar performance to the RSP1A, but with improvements in both the MW and VHF FM notch filter rejection and also a reduction in spurious mixing products from UHF appearing in Band 3 (120 - 250 MHz)
The reference clock circuitry has been significantly enhanced and can now interface to a GPSDO delivering a 0-3v output without any interface circuit. It is capable of operating as a clock master to other RSPduos or RSP2s and will also operate as a clock slave when using a RSP2 as a clock master. In tests, we find that we can "hot swap" between an internal and external clock without hanging the MSi2500, which is not possible on the RSP2.
Note this item is not supplied with any connecting leads!
Accessories for this Product
- Over 20,000 items in stock!
- Fast dispatch of stock items
- Trading for over 50 years
- Price pledge promise