PowerVerter PV12i ISOLATED REDUCER12/18A
24VDC TO 12VDC VOLTAGE CONVERTER
This product offers a convenient way to operate mass produced 12Vdc equipment such as cell phones, in car entertainment, professional communications, telematics equipment, refrigerators, televisions etc. from the 24Vdc mobile electrical systems found on diesel engined vehicles and vessels.
These units are IP53, so there are no ventilation holes to permit stray objects, dust or water droplets to enter the case, there are no external fuses to be tampered with. Fuses will only blow if there is a fault so there is no need to make them accessible.
Many PowerVerters and DD Series products can be configured with alternative output voltages etc. for specialist applications.
All the units consume an off load current of less than 15mA, which is probably less than the self discharge current of the vehicleâ€™s battery. In most cases this can be ignored, speeding the installation by removing the need to fit a remote switch. All products fit onto a â€œClick â€˜nâ€™ Fitâ€ mounting clip which is fixed in three points allowing it to be mounted on uneven surfaces. It is easy to fit the clip into awkward places and then simply click the unit into position. A fixing kit for din rail installation is also available. A green LED indicates when there is output from the converter. This gives reassurance to the installation engineer and speeds fault finding..
- Input voltage range:17-32Vdc
- Output: 13.6Vdc +15% -20% at extremes of temperature, load, input tolerance, etc.
- Intermittent output power: 12A/18A isolated, taken for a maximum of 2 minutes followed by 8 minutes rest
- Transient voltage protection: Meets ISO7637-2 International standard for 24Vdc commercial vehicles
- Electrostatic voltage protection: Meets ISO10605, ISO14892, >8kV contact, 15kV discharge
- Output noise :<50mV pk-pk at continuous load. Meets CISPR2
- Off load current (quiescent current): <15mA
- Power conversion efficiency: Typically 85% for isolated units
- Isolation: >400Vrms between input, output and case, on isolated products only
- Operating temperature: -25ÂºC to +30ÂºC to meet this specification table, +30ÂºC to +80ÂºC de rate linearly to 0A
- Storage temperature: -25ÂºC to +100ÂºC
- Operating humidity: 95% max., non-condensing
- Casework: Anodised aluminium, glass filled polycarbonate, dust water and impact resistance to IP533
- Connections: Four 6.3mm push-on flat blade connectors, *5 way Phoenix connector including enable on/off terminal and mating half
- Output indicator: Green LED adjacent to output terminals
- Mounting method: â€˜Click â€˜nâ€™ fit mounting clip, fitted separately using three hole fixture, *4 hole cradle
- Safe area protection Over current: Limited by current sensing circuit
- Over heat: Limited by temperature sensing circuit
- Transients: Protected by filters and rugged component selection
- Catastrophic failure: Protected by internal input and output fuses
- Approvals: 2014/30/EU The general EMC directive, Regulation 10 The automotive directive,
93/68/EEC The CE marking directive
- Designed to: EN50498, ISO 7637-2, ISO 11452-1, ISO 14982, EN12895, EN60945, EN55022, FCC15B
- Markings: CE and E (automotive) marked.
- Dimensions: 167x87x50mm
- weight: 590g
- Over 20,000 items in stock!
- Fast dispatch of stock items
- Trading for over 50 years
- Price pledge promise