2.5Kw high power antenna tuner
The Palstar AT4K 2500 watt antenna tuner covers 160 to 10 Meters with a power rating of up to 2500 watts PEP. The AT4K is the tuner that built Palstar's reputation for high-quality and "Built-Like-A-Tank" durability. Unwilling to rest on our laurels, over the years Palstar has added new features to our classic.
The most recent additions are the Active Peak and Peak Hold Wattmeter identical to that used in our PM2000A Wattmeter, and front panel controlled relay switching between balanced line and coax output, eliminating the need to place a jumper strap on the back panel to make the changeover.
Featuring a 6 position antenna selector switch, the AT4K offers forward power metering in two ranges, 300 and 3000 watts.
The AT4K solves a problem suffered by the typical unbalanced tuner that has a 4:1 balun at the OUTPUT of the matching network. This exposes the balun to a wide range of impedances and reactances that it was never designed to handle.
The solution: The AT4K T-matching network utilizes a 1:1 unbalanced-to-balanced transformer in the INPUT of the network. When the network is properly tuned, a 50 Ohm impedance will be presented both to the input and output of the balun, which allows it to properly perform its important transformation job. Reviewed in Sept 2004 QST.
Add 11 Ga. (.090" thick) iridite-treated aluminum metalwork and durable powder coated finish on the front panel and top cover, and you have the AT4K, a premium quality antenna tuner.
- Output Power - 2500w single tone continuous
- HF Bands - 160m to 10m (assuming resistive load)
- Tuning - Three controls
- Antenna switching - 10 Amp RF 6 position mode switch for multiple antennas
- Capacitor - low minimum custom variable capacitor; 460pF@6 kV
- Roller inductor - 10A silver-plated inductor wheel shaft and contact wheel on ceramic body
- Impedance - Matching range 20 Ohms to 1500 Ohms
- Metering - Active crossneedle Peak/Peak Hold with backlighting
- Meter power range - 0-300 Watts/0-3000 Watts
- Balun - Ferrite 1:1 inpupt balun
- Output - Unbalanced/Balanced activated by front panel switch
- Chassis - .090 ga. aluminium gold iridite coated
- Top cover - .090 ga. aluminium powder coated
- Front cover - .090 ga. aluminium powder coated
- Dimensions - 15 1/8" wide x 7 5/8" high x 19" deep
- Shipping weight - 20 lbs
- Warranty - One year
- Over 20,000 items in stock!
- Fast dispatch of stock items
- Trading for over 50 years
- Price pledge promise