MFJ 492X (B Grade Model)
Menu Driven Memory Keyer, with 8K RAM
492X BG Grade Model
Save money with this B Grade model, has full as new warranty.
A simple to use menu driven memory keyer with 8K of RAM available
Simply select a menu by pressing a button. LED's show you which menu is active. Select a feature by pressing a button. As easy to use as a computer touch screen! The menus are clearly printed on the front panel.
You can save and play messages, decrement serial numbers, set speed, weight, sidetone, enter iambic, semi-auto, handkey, message queue, paddle command modes, turn on/off, select iambic A/B, reverse paddle, Code trainer and store starting serial number.
Easy to bypass the menu by keying in simple two letter commands. Select a feature and the keyer tells you its status in CW.
Memory is expandable to over 8000 characters with addition of the MFJ-80 memory expansion Kit, Memories are backed up by lithium battery.
CW speed adjustable from 5 to 100 WPM by using the paddle key or by turning a knob. A powerful Morse trainer lets you practice or teach code in Farnsworth or normal mode. You can select letters, numbers, punctuation or prosigns or any combination for practice using standard 5 character groups, more realistic 1 to 8 character groups or select specific six character sets to work on.
What the Message Memories allows you to do:
1. Message Repeat. Repeat messages continuously. You can also insert pauses within a message. Call CQ, listen for an answer and then resume calling by pressing a button -- makes a perfect automatic beacon. 2. Message Call. you can store QTH, rig, weather and other information in separate message memories and play in any sequence you want. 3. Message Edit. Correct mistakes while recording a message -- you dont have to start all over because you made a mistake.
Other features include contest serial numbering (0-9999) with auto increment, built-in sidetone, speaker, front panel volume control and adjustable 300-3000 Hz tone. You can use automatic, Semi-automatic bug or handkey modes, reverse dot/dash paddles, adjust weight from 5 to 95% and compensate for transmitter distortion, direct and grid block keying, keys solid state and tube rigs.
Power requirements: 9 Volt battery (not included), 12 VDC
- Please note : Our B grade/clearance/used equipment is posted to UK only
- Over 20,000 items in stock!
- Fast dispatch of stock items
- Trading for over 50 years
- Price pledge promise