Innov 10/6m DIpole
10m/6m 28/50MHz rotary dipole
A 2 element Low-Loss rotating dipole for 10m/6m
Why Low-Loss? Your existing multi-band rotating dipole just might have a large amount of NEGATIVE GAIN. Read on for more details
G0KSC has become well-known for his very different and innovative designs which always look to achieve maximum radiating efficiency without matching devices, traps, coils or other 'power-sapping' devices used in multi-band antennas.
The DESpole is no different in this regard as it has an individual full-sized element for each band and the ends of the longest elements are turned down towards ground (see below photo) in order to achieve a smaller turning circle. The result is a practical, very efficient rotating dipole suitable for all locations.
So if you are happy with your current mulit-band vertical or rotating dipole, just think of how happy you will be with a Low-Loss, highly efficient DESpole!
- Gain 10m above average Ground:
- 7.37dBi @ 15 degrees (28.5MHz)
- 8.0dBi @ 9 degrees (50.2MHz)
- Power Rating: 5kw+
- SWR: Below 1.6:1 from 28.00MHz to 29.00MHz
- Below 1.4:1 from 50.00MHz to 50.5MHz
- Stacking Distance: 4.0-6.0m ( 5.0m recommended)
- Turning Circle/Longest element: 2/4m
- Down-facing element: 88cms
- Weight: 2.7KG / 7LB
- Wind Loading: 0.10 Square Metres / 1.16 Square feet
- Wind Survival: 163KPH / 101MPH
Other options available if higher wind loading/survival is required.
The 10m section has 3 tapers starting at 19.05mm (3/4'') and finishing at 9.525mm (3/8'') while the 6m element has just two sections, the center being 12.7mm (1/2'') with 9.525mm (3/8'') tips. All elements are insulated and stainless steel hardware is used throughout.
Our antennas are constructed with the best quality materials in order the best mechanical construction can be achieved, not the cheapest and most profitable! Even a digital caliper is used (with an accuracy of .01mm) to measure the elements during production to ensure they are within 0.2mm (on critical bands) of what they should be, this ensures they work as well as our software model predicts.
Note: Much development time has gone into our antennas, not just on basic electromagnetic design, we are able to model the effect of insulators, booms and other objects to ensure the make up or our antennas have least effect on performance and pattern degradation. More information can be found here
- Marine grade Stainless Steel Fittings
- Original Stauff Insulation clamps
- Mill finished boom and elements for highest levels of accuracy
- Over 20,000 items in stock!
- Fast dispatch of stock items
- Trading for over 50 years
- Price pledge promise