Icom ID-51E PLUS 2
Dual Band D-STAR Digital Transceiver
ID-51E PLUS 2
The Icom ID-51E PLUS 2 is the third generation of the successful D-Star HT. Like the original ID-51E, it covers 2 meters and 440 MHz and receives two bands simultaneously (V/V, U/U & V/U).
Output power is 5, 2.5, 1.0, 0.5 or 0.1 Watts. It is IPX7 waterproof and features a built-in GPS! The large 128 x 104 dot-matrix display is impressive. This radio has an astounding 1304 channel alphanumeric memory system.
There is a Micro SD card slot for an optional memory card. This can be used to store DVR Incoming/Outgoing Messages, GPS Log and Memory Backup. There is built-in CTCSS/DTCS encode/decode for analogue FM. It even features an independent AM and FM broadcast receiver. A Voice Memory feature records incoming and outgoing calls and can be used as a voice recorder
The ID-51 PLUS 2 hand portable is a special edition model which will come in several colours/patterns. The new Terminal Node and Access Point Modes enable you to make D-STAR calls through the Internet, even from areas where no D-STAR repeater is accessible.
RS-MS1A, Free Download Android? ApplicationThe RS-MS1A allows you to connect your Android* device to the ID-51E*. You can see the location of repeater sites on a map application and set them to the ID-51E. Text messages and pictures can be sent and received with your Android device. *The optional OPC-2350LU data cable is required to connect to an Android? device.
- Send and receive pictures
- Send and receive text messaging
- Set transceiver\’s DR functions from the RS-MS1A or a map application
- See the location of repeater sites or other D-PRS stations on a map application
- View and export received history of the transceiver
- View detailed data in the transceiver\’s Repeater list
- Import and export the Repeater list and the Callsign list from/to the transceiver
- Please check the system requirements at the Google Play-RS-MS1A page before installing the application.
DV Fast Data Mode*By using data in place of voice frames, the ID-51E transfers data 3.5 times faster (3480 bps) than in the conventional DV mode (with voice). Pictures taken by an Android* device can be quickly transmitted in the DV Fast Data mode. * The DV Fast Data mode is not compatible with the DV mode low-speed data communication.
DV and FM Repeater Search FunctionThe repeater search function searches for nearby analogue FM repeaters as well as DV repeaters using the repeater memories and the integrated GPS*.* To use the repeater search function, the position data of the repeater is required.
Additional Dplus Reflector Link CommandsDplus reflector link commands are added to the DR function to allow easy multiple repeater connection through the reflector.
Other New and Enhanced Functions
- GPS position data can be sent simultaneously with the serial data communication
- Enhanced D-PRS functions: receiving only Base/Object/Item/Weather formats
- Altitude data added to the GPS memories
- CI-V commands can be sent through DATA connector
- Callsign, repeater list and GPS memory import and export in the CSV format
- FEATURES: Retained from the Original ID-51E
- D-STAR DV Mode (Digital Voice + Data)
- The D-STAR (Digital Smart Technology for Amateur Radio) DV mode is the leading amateur radio digital format.
V/V, U/U, V/U DualwatchThe dualwatch function simultaneously monitors VHF/VHF, UHF/UHF and VHF/ UHF bands.* * DV/DV, AM/AM, FM-N/FM-N and DV/FM-N mode dualwatch is not available.
IPX7 Waterproof ConstructionThe ID-51E has superior IPX7 waterproof protection (1m depth of water for 30 minutes). It can be used in harsh outdoor environments, and for hiking, mountain biking, touring and mountain sports.
Menu-Driven User InterfaceThe directional keypad and quick menu button help you with quick and intuitive access to many settings and speeds up the operation. The large full dot-matrix display with easy-to-read characters increases the amount of information.
Independent AM/FM ReceiverFM and AM broadcast stations can be listened to while using the dualwatch function to monitor the ham bands.
microSD Card SlotWhen used with a microSD card (Up to 32GB), various contents including voice memory, DV auto reply message, TX voice message, QSO log, RX history log and GPS log data can be stored. The microSD card can also be used to update firmware and edit memories.
Integrated GPS ReceiverYour current position and altitude are shown on the display and offers a position reporting function in DV mode. The GPS log function logs your position information at regular intervals on the microSD card.
5W Output PowerUsing a highly-effcient PA amplifier, the ID-51E generates 5W of RF output power from this compact body.
Long Lasting Battery Pack The supplied BP-271 provides up to 4.5 hours* of operating time, and the optional large capacity battery pack, BP-272 provides up to 7.5 hours*. * Typical operation with 1:1:8 duty cycle in DV mode. (Power save ON.)
- TX voice memory (1 channel, 60 seconds) for repeated calls
- SPEECH function announces the received call sign (DV Mode), frequency, and mode
- QSO recorder function records incoming and outgoing calls. The voice recorder function can record an off-line conversation.
- 128 × 104 dot large full dot-matrix display
- CSV formatted communication log
- 10-step battery voltage indicator
Accessories for this Product
- Over 20,000 items in stock!
- Fast dispatch of stock items
- Trading for over 50 years
- Price pledge promise