Ameritron ALS-500MX CE
Solid State 500W amplifier 10m – 160m
- Mobile no tune Solid State Amplifier - uses four rugged 2SC2879 high power linear RF power transistors.
- Instant band switching, no tuning, no warm up - just turn on and operate - makes mobile QSOs safer.
- Very Compact 3 ½" x 9" x 15" - fits in nearly any mobile installation; weighs 7 pounds.
- Extremely quiet - quiet low speed, low volume fan stays off until temperature rises.
- Output Power - 500 watts PEP, 400 Watts CW
- Continuous Coverage - 1.5 to 22 MHz 10/12 Meters with easy to install optional kit.
- Load Fault Protection - disables and bypasses amplifier if antenna has excessively h high reflected power or if band switching is set lower than exciter frequency - virtually eliminates damage because of operating error; has Load Fault LED indicator.
- Thermal Overload Protection - disables and bypasses amplifier if temperature is excessively high; automatically resets when temp drop to safe level Thermal Overload LED indicator.
- Excellent harmonic suppression - multiple section output network, push-pull output circuit has excellent harmonic suppression.
- DC current meter lets you monitor collector current.
- ON/OFF Switch - bypasses amplifier for "barefoot" operation without having to disconnect high current power supply cables.
- Remote ON/OFF Control - lets you remote control ON/OFF function for out-of-the-way mounting of amplifier.
- Exciter Drive - less than 100 watts input gives full output.
Power Supply Requirements - requires 14 VDC at 80 amperes peak current for PA transistors and separate line for 14 - 16 VDC at 4 amperes for control and bias circuits.
- Over 20,000 items in stock!
- Fast dispatch of stock items
- Trading for over 50 years
- Price pledge promise