Sales Vacancy (Full or Part Time)
We are looking for an experienced Licenced Radio Amateur to join our sales team, with both full and part-time vacancies available. The ideal candidate will have a passion for Hobby radio in all its forms, conversing easily with Radio Amateurs, Shortwave, Citizens Band and scanning receiver enthusiasts. Preferably you will have a speciality, be it DMR radio, Data, Antennas, HF or VHF DXing, or some other facet, to assist us to take those areas of our business forward.
Multitasking daily you will be dealing with our Dealer, Mail order and Internet sales, both face to face and on the telephone. A passion for sales and a working knowledge of our industry, with a friendly outgoing personality are essential to succeed in this job. This is a demanding job with a wide variety of challenges each day.
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm with 1 hour for lunch
- Showrooms - Serve & assist customers in our retail showroom as required.
- Telephone Sales - Answer trade or retail telephone calls taking orders or assisting with enquiries in a courteous and friendly manner
- Mail Order – process orders from the Internet, telephone, or Post.
- Emails - Respond to E mail enquiries promptly, seeking advice from other staff when required.
- Payments - Process mail order payments via our various systems
- Trade sales - Assist with trade orders & dealer enquiries by telephone. From time to time assist with dealer sales calls
- Shows - Be prepared to travel off site to trade shows, product/sales training from time to time. Notice of such events will be given well in advance and amount to just one or two times per year.
- Assist with the filing of paperwork, delivery notes, invoices etc.
- Copy Writing - To assist, if required, in the writing of text for our Internet sites.
- Microsoft Office - Have a working knowledge of computer operation. We currently use Microsoft Office packages Word, Excel, Access.
- Internet- Be internet literate, capable of using E mail and navigating the internet with ease.
- Have a full clean driving licence
- Have adequate product knowledge – although significant “on-job” product training will be given once you join us for the areas you may be weak in.
Salary Scale: depending on experience and qualifications
Apply with CV to email@example.com, or in writing with CV to: Sales Vacancy, Nevada, Unit 1 Fitzherbert Spur, Farlington, Portsmouth PO6 1TT
Radio Service Engineer
Nevada requires a qualified RF service engineer on a part-time basis. This is an ideal position for someone semi-retired, but wishing to keep their hand in. They are probably a licensed radio Amateur, or at least familiar with the hobby and living within 30 miles of our service department at Portsmouth.
The right candidate will have had extensive experience working in a service environment and be able to repair to component level a wide range of RF equipment. They will have direct contact with our customers from time to time, to offer technical support and assistance.
We have a small friendly service department, so you will need to be self-motivated, well organised and capable of working under your own initiative. Assistance will be given to learn about new products and our product range from our existing engineers and staff.
Part time Hours are negotiable within our main working hours of Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm:
Salary is negotiable depending on experience and qualifications.
Apply with CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, or in writing with CV to: Engineer Vacancy, Nevada, Unit 1 Fitzherbert Spur, Farlington, Portsmouth PO6 1TT
Service: Inspecting faulty product returns from our large retail customers, making a commercial decision to repair or replace, or if necessary repairing to component level. If time allows carrying out chargeable repairs for our sales counter customers
Products: we deal with include Power supplies, Wide band Scanning receivers, Radio Communications Receivers, HF and VHF Amateur Band Transceivers, CB Radios, PMR446 two way radio transceivers, plus all associated accessories. Purchasing: You will assist us purchasing spare parts from manufacturers and for storing, cataloging and pricing them in our spares department.