Portable all Band, all Mode Transceiver
Yaesu FT817ND - Truly Portable all band, all mode transceiver, this is the very latest version.
Our top selling portable multiband! If you need a small radio that covers all main amateur bands from 1.8 - 430Mhz in all modes, a wide-band receiver and a host of user friendly features, then look no further, the Yaesu FT817ND does it all and is a firm favourite with the QRP operators too. A superb front end will pull in the DX and you will be amazed at the performance of the FT817ND.
- IF Shift - For reduction of adjacent-frequency interference.
- IF Noise Blanker - For reduction of ignition and other impulse-type noise.
- IPO- Bypasses RX Preamp on HF/50 MHz for improved performance during strong-signal conditions.
- ATT Front End Attenuator - For more pleasant reception of very strong signal
- FM Wide/Narrow Deviation selection.
- ARS (Automatic Repeater Shift).
- APO (Automatic Power-Off)
- TOT (TX Time-Out Timer).
- CAT System Computer Control interface (4800/9600/38400 bps).
- Panel Key "Beep" frequency and level control.
- Front Panel Key Lock mode (locks Dial only, frequency-control keys only, or all keys except PWR and LOCK).
- Independently-selectable channel steps for AM and FM
- RX Frequency Range: 100kHz ~ 30MHz, 50MHz-54MHz, 87.5MHz-108MHz
- TX Frequency ranges: 160 -6 m, amateur bands only, 2 m, 70 cm.
- Synthesiser Steps (Min) 10Hz (CW/SSB), 100Hz (AM/FM)
- Antenna Impedance: 16.6-150 Ohms, unbalanced
- Case Size: 135(W) x 38(H) x 165(D)mm
- Weight (approx.): 1.17 kg (w/battery, antenna, w/o microphone)
A great little radio with excellent shortwave reception ,I have recieved very good signal reports with many individuals finding it hard to believe that I am only running either 2.5 watts with the battery or 5 watts with the DC adaptor , with a 20 meter dipole , 8 feet off the ground I have worked stations over 2000 miles away on SSB and stations up to 1000 miles away on 40 Meters SSB with a portable antenna , Barker & Williamson 9 feet off the ground ! A great little radio to take while traveling , I did give ths radio a 4 rather than a 5 because , I wish Yaesu had made front end legs for this radio , and here in America we have the weather band at 163 MHZ a very important feature for campers and travelers , this radio only goes up to 159 MHZ ! And I wish that Yaesu at used a more durable paint for the radio case as I have noticed several places where the paint has peeled off from rubbing against the microphone ! I do not use the carry strap included with the radio , instead I purchased a used woman's carrying purse to protect the radio , the radio is too valuable to carry with just the straps while hiking or backpacking , tree branches could bang into the radio and I want more protection ! And as a suggestion a great little antenna to use with the FT-817ND is the Miacle Whip Antenna , a fun little antenna to use with this radio , especially outside away from trees or metal objects , buildings etc !Sorry you do not have 6 meters in the U.K. as we do in America , as 6 meters is a fantastic band when it is open , several thousand miles can to worked with just a few watts of power ! The Ft-817ND is a great radio , for travel (holiday)camping or as an emergency survival rig !