600w Solid State Linear Amplifier
IN STOCK !
A compact, fully featured top quality 600 w solid state linear amplifier, the new Acom 600S covers from 1,8-54 MHz, and is fully compatible with any transceiver without the need for special interfacing..
- High resolution colour display, 800x480 pixels, and 24-bits colours.
- Final stage uses field effect (MOSFET) transistors type MRFE6VP6300H, which, according to their manufacturer - Free-scale Semiconductor - are designed to withstand high mismatch (SWR) at the output and are intended for operation in aerospace, industrial, mobile, and radio broadcast applications.
- Compatible with all transceiver models available on the market - does not need any special signals:
- "ground on transmit" (PTT) and 30W of RF drive power is sufficient.
- Broadband input circuit providing a perfect transceiver load with SWR below 1.2:1 (typically 1.1:1), without retuning throughout the whole frequency range from 1.8 to 54MHz.
- Possibility of automatic control when connected to a transceiver with a CAT interface, the amplifier monitors constantly, duly follows the operating frequency, and changes the bands accordingly.
- Even if not connected with CAT interface, the amplifier monitors the frequency of the input signal through the built-in frequency counter and automatically switches over the bands.
- Remotely controlled by RS232 interface.
- Takes care of itself during operation due to the continuously working protection circuits in all modes.
- The operator can monitor digitally more than 10 parameters concerning the working regime of the amplifier.
- Easy maintenance - detailed data (55 parameters) about each of the last 28 hard-fault protection trips is stored in the amplifier's nonvolatile memory.
- Power Factor Correction (PFC) - all significant parameters in operation from unstable mains, generators etc. features achieved thanks to the built-in switching-mode power supply (SMPS).
- Perfect electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) both with the highly sensitive as well as with the powerful appliances in the radio station (receivers, computers, more amplifiers) exceeding the standard EMC requirements due to the use of PFC and the built-in additional radio-frequency filters.
ACOM 600S specifications
- Parameters :-
- tandard frequency coverage (*):
- 1.800 - 2.000 MHz
- 3.500 - 4.000 MHz
- 7.000 - 7.300 MHz.
- 10.100 - 10.150 MHz
- 14.000 - 14.350 MHz
- 18.068 - 18.168 MHz
- 21.000 - 21.450 MHz
- 24.890 - 24.990 MHz
- 28.000 - 29.700 MHz
- 50.000 - 54.000 MHz
- (*) Extensions or changes of the frequency coverage are possible after negotiations with the manufacturer.
- Rated output power: 600W +/-0.5dB, PEP or continuous carrier, without mode limitation.
- Intermodulation distortions (IMD3): better than 28dB (30dB typically) below the rated PEP output.
- Harmonic and parasitic emissions output suppression: better than 60dB (65dB typically).
- Input and output impedances:nominal value: 50 Ohm unbalanced, UHF (SO239) type connectors;
- Input circuit: broadband, SWR below 1.2:1 (1.1:1 typically); 1.8 ? 54 MHz continuous range without retuning or switching
- RF by-pass path SWR - below 1.1:1, 1.8-54 MHz;
- Admissible SWR at the output load (the antenna): up to 3:1 with proportional power reduction and up to 1.5:1 for full output power;
- RF power gain: 14dB +/-1dB (typically 25W for 600W output power);
- Mains power supply voltage: 85-132V with 10? main fuses and 170-265V with 6.3? main fuses, 45-66Hz, single phase;
- Mains power consumption at full output power: 1500VA or less with a power factor of 0.95 or higher;
- Mains power consumption in Low Energy (waiting) mode: less than 1VA;
- Complies with EU safety regulations and electromagnetic compatibility standards, as well as with the US Federal Communications Commission (FCC) rules;
- Environment working conditions:temperature range: -10ºC to +40ºC (14ºF to 104ºrelative air humidity: up to 95% @ 35ºC (95ºF);
- Dimensions (projections not included) and weight, operating: (W x H x D) 330 x 165 x 380 mm (13 x 6.5x 15 In); 12 kg (26.5 Lbs).
- Receive / transmit control - KEY-IN input - type Phono (RCA) jack socket; voltage fed to the open transceiver key: not exceeding +12.6V; current through the closed transceiver key: not exceeding 6mA
- Not obligatory KEY-OUT output - type Phono (RCA) jack socket; output resistance: not more than 120 Ohm; maximum admissible input voltage from the transceiver (across an open KEY-OUT output): +50V; maximum admissible current through a closed KEY-OUT output: 20mA;
- Minimum dead time, necessary for safe amplifier switching from receive to transmit: 10ms between transmit request at the KEY-IN input jack and the RF drive appearance at the RF INPUT connector.
- Frequency control directly from CAT interface of the transceiver - connector CAT/AUX (connector type DB-15).
- Remote control through RS232 interface (connector type DB-9).
- Remote turn on through simultaneous activation of the signals DSR/DTR and CTS/RTS on the RS232 (type DB-9) connector.
- Remote turn on / turn off line - ON_RMT input on the CAT/AUX (DB-15) connector; DC voltage pulse: +4.5 to +15V DC towards ground for 1-2s; input current: 3mA maximum.
Storage and shipment
Environment conditions for storage and shipment:
- Temperature range: -40ºC to +70ºC (-40ºF to 158ºF);
- Relative air humidity: up to 75% @ 35ºC (95ºF); above sea-level: up to 12000m, including the luggage compartment of aircraft.
- Dimensions at transportation (max): (W x H x D) 480 x 280 x 440 mm (18.9 x 11 x 17.3 In);
- Weight 12kg (26.5 lbs)